2016 has been an amazing jam packed year for Dark Thorn Clothing and it has definitely ended on a high. I am going to go back through and highlight all the events, media coverage and collaborations Dark Thorn Clothing participated in throughout the year.
- South Australian Designer Co welcomed me into their store on the 21st of December all the way through until its closure on the 24th of May. South Australian Designer Co was situated on the 1st floor of the Adelaide Central Plaza (DJ Store) in Rundle Mall.
- On the 25th of January Dark Thorn Clothing collaborated with 3 other amazing Australian stores, Elixir of Light, Cobra Cleanse and Red Sky at Night for a Loop Giveaway which we named Nebulous. Nebulous was chosen as all of our names incorporated Light, Dark, Night...
- Three collaborations were held with the Australian goth beauty Ree Ree Phillips this year. One where she sported the Victoria Dress, another with the Nora coat and the last most recent where the wore the Mina coat in black. All imagery was taken by Mr Phillips.
- On the 19th of March was Colour Cosmetica's Diploma of La Moda student's graduation named Equinox which let the graduates showcase their collections they created throughout the year. I was also able to showcase my designs on this runway.
- Shortly after the Equinox runway came RAW Adelaide on the 1st of April where Dark Thorn Clothing collaborated with a makeup artist (Tiarna Lehmann) and a hair stylist (Caitlin Prater) to create a runway look.
- Two collaborations happened with the English beauty Olivia Emily. First she photographed the Victoria dress and secondly she photographed the Chastity accessory skirt.
- May 29th the New Moon photoshoot took place at the beautiful Thorngrove Manor situated in the Adelaide Hills. This location is absolutely breathtaking and I somehow managed to photograph the new New Moon collection in and around the premises. The Photoshoot took place with Magic Memories by Erika, Yasmin Abdo Makeup Artistry, Eva Lu Hairstylist and Vanessa Barry and Maddison Chapman as models.
- The next day the collaboration with Celestial Light Photography took place with models Villain Visage and Amaranthyne. Celestial Light Photography does such breathtaking and otherworldly work paired with headpieces I made myself.
- On the 22nd of June Dark Thorn Clothing was invited to participate in the Boutique Series Black Dress fashion show held by Mercedes Benz Adelaide. I was lucky enough to have my Almira maxi dress participate in this event. Image taken by Vueey Le.
- Dark Thorn Clothing attended the Label Style Markets on the 26th of August held at the Hotel Richmond Rundle Mall. Dark Thorn Clothing will be attending the next Labels Style Markets on the 5th of February at Plant 4 Bowden so keep your eyes peeled and come along!
- On the 16t of September Dark Thorn Clothing was featured on GLAM Adelaide! Read the article here
- On the 20th of September models Maddison Chapman and Vanessa Barry came down to Dark Thorn Clothing's home and we photographed in a home currently being renovated by myself.
- Courtney Brooke (@light_witch on Instagram) and Dark Thorn Clothing collaborated on the 28th of September with Courtney photographing the Victoria dress and Chastity accessory skirt in the Massachusetts.
- The Norwood Fashion and Design Market a part of the Adelaide Fashion Festival was held on October 23rd and Dark Thorn Clothing was lucky enough to be a part of the Emerging Designers Hub.
- Dark Thorn Clothing was lucky enough to participate in the Day of the Dead Festival held on the 29th of October. It was such a surreal event full of celebrations and festivities.
- Dark Thorn Clothing then walked down the runway at the Republic Norwood Melbourne Cup event on the 2nd of November.
- A photoshoot for Colour Cosmetica took place on November 12th to use in promotion for Dark Thorn Clothing being available at their studio on Union Street. Models provided by Next Models, makeup by Emma Mahoney and hair by Nicholas Tragos.
- On the 29th of November Dark Thorn Clothing made it onto the 3rd page of The Advertiser with the Florence bodysuit and Chastity accessory skirt. Write up by Ana Vlach, Model Lily Habermehl, Makeup by Ali and Photography by Bianca De Marchi.
- Girl About Town and Dark Thorn Clothing held VIP Media night on the 1st of December with Media, bloggers and public figures invited to the cocktail event. This creates a huge hype around Dark Thorn Clothing to end the year perfectly and set up the next.
TEO Magazine was there with Matt Pfeil taking images of the event, here are just some below.
Style images from the event were featured in The Advertiser's Adelaide Confidential on the 3rd of December.
Many articles were written about the event and I have them all linked below.
This is Radelaide 3rd December
The Adelaidian 7th December
Everything Adelaide 9th December
Eventalaide 13th December
- On the 15th of December Dark Thorn Clothing was featured in the Country Times paper.
- and on the 21st of December was featured in the Plains Producer.
Thank you to everyone who spent time on writing articles, collaborating, inviting me to participate in events or coming to events it really means a lot. I've worked with, collaborated with and met so many amazing people this year and I hope it continues and grows into the New Year.